Have you heard about California PACE energy program? PACE stands for Property-Assessed Clean Energy, and this program serves as a mechanism for financing energy-efficient and renewable energy improvements on private properties.
When authorized by state law—as it is now in California—the PACE program allows local and state governments or other inter-jurisdictional authorities to fund the up-front cost of energy improvements on both commercial and residential properties, which can then be paid back over time by property owners.
What Does This Mean for You?
As a California homeowner, you have more flexibility and means to improve your home, without having to worry about the upfront costs of getting the job done right. Through government support, low-cost financing solutions, you’ll be able to obtain funding for most home energy upgrades. The program was developed to help promote energy efficiency, water conservation, and renewable energy projects such as the following:
- Solar Panel Installation
- Energy-Efficient Windows and Doors
- Heating and Cooling
- Other Efficiency Measures
Take Advantage of the PACE Program Today
There are a number of advantages to utilizing the PACE program to make your home energy upgrades. These benefits, as defined by energy.gov, include:
- Allowing for secure financing of comprehensive projects over a longer term, making more projects cash flow positive.
- Spreading your repayment option over many years and removing any requirement that debt be paid at home sale or refinance.
- Low interest rates due to the high security of loan repayments attached to your property tax bill.
- Helping property owners deduct payments from their income tax liability.
- Allowing municipalities to encourage energy efficiency and renewable energy without putting general funds at risk.
- Tapping into large sources of private capital, such as the municipal bond markets.
For more energy-saving tips and exceptional HVAC services throughout Livermore, CA and beyond, contact Comfy Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. today!