Indoor Air Quality
Preventive maintenance or service is essential to the proper functioning of air conditioning and heating equipment. If preventive maintenance is not performed regularly or if it is done haphazardly, the equipment will require extensive and costly repairs at a later date that is sooner than it should be. This is not just a case of "pay me now or pay me later." It is a case of "pay me now or pay me considerably more, later," and lose reliability while paying higher repair and energy costs in the process.
Preventive maintenance programs for air conditioning and heating equipment include regular inspections each year. During these inspections, proper operation of the equipment is checked and verified. All mechanical equipment is designed to operate within certain limits. Air conditioning and heating equipment is no exception, and if not properly maintained, the equipment will exceed its design limitations with the result being equipment failure. Your best insurance against HVAC failure and cost containment is equipment preventive maintenance.
Maintenance Membership Agreements
Need a Maintenance Package?
Regular maintenance helps greatly to ensure system reliability, improve performance efficiency, maintain warranty validity and to ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
Why get a Maintenance Package?
- System Reliability
- Improve Efficiency
- Maintain Warranty
- Health & Safety Compliance
- Comply with Legislation
What can we Maintain?
We are able to offer maintenance packages to new or existing equipment, whether it was installed by Comfy or not. We offer service maintenance agreements which clearly outline response times and service levels and are tailored on all occasions to suit your budget and specific requirement.
Help Ensure against Future Breakdown
A service for an Air Conditioner unit is much like a service for a car, it is a series of standard checks and part replacements (if required) that will return the unit to a better, more efficient, running condition. This improves performance instantly and helps to prolong the life of the Air Conditioner Unit as a whole.
All our servicing is carried out by Engineers with many years experience and inline with Manufacturer guidelines. One of the important things we carry out is pressure leak testing. This ensures your system is not leaking refrigerant gas into the atmosphere!
Maintain your equipment to prevent future problems and unwanted costs. Keep your cooling and heating system at peak performance by having a contractor do annual pre–season check–ups. Contractors get busy once summer and winter come, so it’s best to check the cooling system in the spring and the heating system in the fall. To remember, you might plan the check–ups around the time changes in the spring and fall.
A typical maintenance check–up should include the following.
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check your central air conditioner’s refrigerant level and adjust if necessary. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger. Improperly operating gas (or oil) connections are a fire hazard and can contribute to health problems. A dirty burner or cracked heat exchanger causes improper burner operation. Either can cause the equipment to operate less safely and efficiently.
Actions To Do Yourself
- Inspect, clean, or change air filters once a month in your central air conditioner, furnace, and/or heat pump. Your contractor can show you how to do this. A dirty filter can increase energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to early failure.
The team installed exactly what we wanted. Overall, the Comfy team is very knowledgeable, keeps commitments, and responds quickly to issues. Highly recommended!
~ Sharlyn D. Pleasanton, CA
Thanks Comfy for the excellent service. We will gladly recommend you to friends and family.
~ Sheshadri R. of Pleasanton
Do not hesitate in trusting these people with your heating! HIGHLY recommend! Fast, polite, and great service!!!
~ Richard V. San Lorenzo, CA